22 May What to eat for better sleep!
Posted at 06:14h in Uncategorized
Struggling to get to sleep at night? Did you know that there are different things you can eat and drink before bed to help you get those much needed ZZZ’s (and some are darn right delicious!)
- Honey: Did you know that a spoonful of honey before bed can help you sleep more soundly? 🍯 Honey facilitates restorative sleep by contributing to the release of melatonin in the brain
- Oats: That’s right, oats are a wonderful source of melatonin, make it with warm milk and a drizzle of honey and you’ll be snoozing in no time!
- Almonds: Not only are almonds good for your heart, but since they contain tryptophan and magnesium they can make you sleepy.
- Dates/Prunes: The nutrients in dried plums such as vitamin B6, calcium and magnesium help make melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep. And they are sticky, sweet and delicious!
- Chamomile Tea: This is a no-brainer. Chamomile tea is a great relaxant and can help calm those nerves and put you into a state of relaxation – perfect just before bed!